
Some readers yesterday were doubting my love of Christian after he got no mention in the "Where I've been" post.
People.
Please.
As if Christian would be just another thought on a fleeting list of the randomness and pointless.
As if his awesomeness, his movies, his beard, his tears, his magazine articles, his O.S.C.A.R! would not get their own post? If I'm going to stick with this whole "get back to the blog" thing then of course the divine and most beautiful will have their own day.
Which has just arrived.
So yeah, Christian won an Oscar. He also won a Golden Globe. His Oscar acceptance speech makes me... speechless, because he was....speechless about the love he had for his wife and daughter. The tears, in case you missed them, get more amazing with every take. Could literally go on for days about this but I'll spare you.
Click here to watch the amazing video. (Blogger won't let me post the actual video and for that I will never forgive.)
There was this one remarkable quote, filled with the tears, that cannot go without sharing:
"And to my wonderful wife, who's my mast through the storms of life. I hope I'm likewise to ya, darling."
Melt.Yes, the Beard is not his most attractive look, but I do kinda really love he does what he wants and doesn't care an ounce about it.
Sigh.
Have we read the Esquire magazine article yet? Because if we haven't we must. It's long but not nearly long enough.
Ok I'm done!
3 comments:
This blog post is the best thing that has been to me in the last 72 hours. Love you Maggs. And have affection for CB only because of you.
Squatting Bush, you and your incredible, funny, lively, unique, MAGS personality that just shines through in your posts have INSPIRED ME! And that is great, because those are things about you can't change everyday like you can change an outfit :) I laughed, I cried, I wrote a comment (it's a big deal, I only do it when I'm truly inspired.) Hope to see you soon :)
Mags, do you know what i was going to write in my comment? the MAST QUOTE!! cause I watched the clip in your honor and thought it was soo sweet! lil choked up voice and all. :)
also, had no idea he was not american!!!
Hannah
Post a Comment