Thursday, March 17, 2011

Green with Envy

Yeah. I'm wearing my green.

Yeah. I appreciate the tizzy this country gets itself into over this day.

Yeah. I'll celebrate tonight with all the fun and festivities.

But really?

There's a small, LARGE, part of me that is bitter against this day. It's born out of completely jealous and irrational reasoning, but The Muse cannot understand why Valentine's Day doesn't get this much love.

There's no pink & red attire requirement, no jovial bar celebrations or dying food and liquids pink. I was watching The Today Show this morning and you'd have thought it was Christmas. The crowd outside was thoroughly donned in green & Irish garb, every news story revolved around the glory of the 17th, and they even dyed the White House fountain green!

Let me be clear: I'll sit here today one content girl, in my adorable anthropologie green necklace and cardigan, reveling in the silliness and hysteria that this days brings out in others.

But with every St. Patty's Day greeting and non-green-wearing pinching, a little part of my heart will ache that the love is not better distributed amongst ALL the days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, i for one am green with envy over your 'adorable anthropologie green necklace and cardigan'!! i don't even think they HAVE anthropologie in canada, not to mention ATL (ann taylor loft)! :)

Hannah

Abbs said...

Maggs you're Irish, have some pride for pete's sake! Red hair doesn't just grow on trees...