
Well, since I started this blog, I've had a few thoughtful people ask me about Petunia; when I'm going to "blog" about her or what she's up to these days.
Thank you for that.
For those who I've never met (which I hope makes up a very small number of those reading this blog), Petunia is my miniature dachshund. Often referred to as Tunes or Tunnie, she is a cutie and has been a part of my life since the 4th grade. If you ever want to hear the story about how Petunia came into my world, just ask. It's one of my favorites.
Tunnie has always been a bit of a free spirit. She was never a really "sweet" pup, but she sure was cute. During my younger and more immature years, I used to dress her up in my American Doll clothes and drag her around the block in the wheelbarrow.
Lucky for us, Petunia has always defied the normal rules of a dog's diet. One time my grandparents sent us chocolate for Christmas and Tunes broke through the wrapping paper, tore off the plastic, opened the chocolate box, and devoured every last bit of chocolate. We had to get her stomach pumped that year. She's also eaten frozen chicken thighs thawing on the stove and devoured an entire bag of fully wrapped Hershey kisses- foil and all.
Thank you for that.
For those who I've never met (which I hope makes up a very small number of those reading this blog), Petunia is my miniature dachshund. Often referred to as Tunes or Tunnie, she is a cutie and has been a part of my life since the 4th grade. If you ever want to hear the story about how Petunia came into my world, just ask. It's one of my favorites.
Tunnie has always been a bit of a free spirit. She was never a really "sweet" pup, but she sure was cute. During my younger and more immature years, I used to dress her up in my American Doll clothes and drag her around the block in the wheelbarrow.
Lucky for us, Petunia has always defied the normal rules of a dog's diet. One time my grandparents sent us chocolate for Christmas and Tunes broke through the wrapping paper, tore off the plastic, opened the chocolate box, and devoured every last bit of chocolate. We had to get her stomach pumped that year. She's also eaten frozen chicken thighs thawing on the stove and devoured an entire bag of fully wrapped Hershey kisses- foil and all.
As for her life these days, her activities stay pretty consistent. She is 14 yrs. old now, has lost a few of her teeth, and has a lot of gray hair. But she still enjoys the backyard, every meal put in front of her, and her daily walks. She sleeps a lot. and barks. And I don't think she can see really well.
But for all her perks and quirks, I've lived more of my life with her than I have without her. No matter how unpleasant she is to others (or the family), I choose to believe she's got a special place for me in that high-strung little heart of hers.
No comments:
Post a Comment