Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Just the pretty dishes...






Most of you muse readers know that I have a bit of the decorating bug. The pretty rooms practically call my name from the depths of their blogs. And due to this bug, I think I'm pretty open to funky quirky decorating ideas.

Can you see the similarities in these 3 pictures? Shelves instead of kitchen cabinets! This I just cannot understand.

1. Who's dishes are actually that coordinated?

2. Aren't kitchens supposed to appear as organized vessels and not actually be so...hence the purpose of cabinets?


I think it looks nice in the mags but it doesn't really make sense and isn't really reality...unless you're Martha Stewart. And in that case you can just design the dishes yourself.


1 comment:

Scott said...

agreed...

even worse are the translucent windows in cabinets where you can "kinda" see the clutter behind the door...


I do like the roof of the third photo.