

As I was hurriedly scurrying out the door this morning, I grabbed the new J.Crew Fall catalogue screaming at me from the kitchen table. The catalogue quickly became the catalyst for thought and discussion in my morning carpool, much to the detriment of my carpool friend Brian.
Brian rarely cares about the random things I fill his head with every morning, and he certainly doesn't care about the new J.Crew fall line, but the atrocities must be discussed.
I love J.Crew. Love their design, their sales, their dare to be different. They have captured an essence and it's a good one. But as I flipped through the catalogue this morning, I came across a potential trend that I really hope doesn't stick.
Ankle Socks!
Oh J.Crew. Although I admire, always, the effort to go against the trend, please no. They make the wispy models look like poor girls from the streets of NYC circa 1894.
I'll eat 500 corn dogs before I claim to be anything of a "fashion expert", but I know ugly when I see it. And this just won't do.
But then again, if you look at something long enough it starts to seem normal, right?
1 comment:
ewwww i agree.
you know what else is ugly? tapered jeans and skinny jeans, on just about everyone, unless they're a size 0-4. can't wait until that trend is gone again.
;)
Post a Comment