Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I'll be darned

"Shoot all the Blue Jays you want, if you can hit 'em, but remember it's a sin to kill a mockingbird. Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy...they don't do one thing but sing their hearts out for us."

Would it come as a shock to you there that I have not read this book?

I'm kinda embarassed about my lack of literary initiative when I was in High School and College. I hated reading because I had to.
Why is it that a Must Do takes all the fun out of it?

Regardless, I now live with a High School English teacher and my interest in Classic Books that are Worth Reading has been reinstated.
I am l.o.v.i.n.g. To Kill A Mockingbird.
Absolute Adoration.

I'm all ears for additional Must Reads.

2 comments:

GTom said...

To kill a mockingbird is my favorite book of all time. You should read Cather in the Rye, its right up your alley. I also recommend A Separate Peace.

Fran Mathis said...

The Great Gatsby is very good!