So I hope everyone read about my rant on St. Patricks Day. Meant every word.
Well Miss Amy Graham (literally, she's a teacher! but also my roomate, friend, and encouraging Muse reader) emailed me this great rant this morning. And I loved it. Because I agreed with her. And because it is true.
"Mags, Thanksgiving is my Valentine's Day and April Fool's Day is my St. Patricks Day. I see no use in this holiday. I'm on pins and needles all day hoping not to get tricked. I don't know whether or not to take people seriously. Why have a day based on making others feel nervous? It's like April Fools is a day filled with foolery, deception, and trickery, and they are going to cloak it as a holiday. WHAT?!?!"
Agreed Amy. Very much so. There is no February 14 LoVe in this day.
oh, and not all pranks are bad. This makes my top 5 episodes
And lastly, if you think I'm being serious in these things I rant about, then maybe you shouldn't take yourself so seriously....
2 comments:
Did a link I sent you make your blog?? The assimilation of your thoughts is already starting. And by the way, St. Patrick's Day is an incredible holiday that can only be enjoyed by true gentlemen.
You and your roommate need to combine april fools day and st patricks day. Have a beer and dont take yourself so seriously. April fools day is all in good fun.
Post a Comment