Fair warning: This might be a post most male readers will want to ignore (as they probably wish they'd done with my other ramblings on cupcakes, Petunia, and St. Patrick hatred) .
But the basic gist is that I have long had an obsession with beautiful houses and beautiful decorating. I often find myself driving around beautiful neighborhoods that have beckoned me from the boring, houseless despair of the main roads. I like driving around neighborhoods at night because you can better see the rooms inside when the lights are on. I stalk realtor.com, a website that lets you search and see different houses for sale all across the country.
I never claimed to be normal.
So my dream house you ask?
Name that movie

And I think this is cool but weird. Although I would never survive in it, I admire the creativity.

It's called The Mushroom House and you can read more about it here.
7 comments:
Father of the Bride!!! I love that house too!
that was sort of my dream house for a while there, too... more house posts, please!
that house from Father of the Bride also makes me think of the house from Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I googled it to see if they were the same and actually they are 2 houses just down the street from each other in Pasadena...looks like i'm gonna have to move out there to live in my dream house!
also looks very similar to the house from Guess Who? and a little bit like Ferris Bueller's house: http://hookedonhouses.net/2008/06/05/the-father-of-the-bride-house/
I am George Banks
LOVE that house. I also liked the house from Home Alone.
Maggie,
If anyone was ever meant to live in the FOB house it was you my dear. We would have to do an intervention if someone ever tried to make you live in the mushroom house. I love your blog and your new logo. You are so creative, I need you to come decorate my house. Love you! Pam
Post a Comment