Thursday, March 19, 2009

cheap vs. chic

I've always been a fan of cheap haircuts and today I confirmed to myself why this is.

I always get my hair cut at Great Clips, along with every other 7 yr. old boy getting his annual buzz cut. But I love it. And never, NEVER have I walked away an unhappy customer.

I had a slight meltdown about my hair this morning and decided to get a haircut during lunch. I did. And I paid $55. And I hated it.

So this is my point: So many people hate cheap hair cuts because they are afraid of bad hair cuts. But I am afraid of the expensive hair cuts because when I get a bad haircut, I'm more pissed because I spent more money. My lower expectations from the $20 cuts get met and I'm a happy person. My higher expectations from the $55 cuts never get met, so I'm miserable.

I wasn't sure this was blog worthy, but it sure has helped me to pinpoint my frustration.

And now I feel like a shallow, self-consumed person because I know there are much bigger problems in the world.

I'm done.

2 comments:

Laura Victoria: said...

slight? i would LOVE to know what your definition of slight is dear.

Anonymous said...

Maggie, if I could have the hair of one person in the world, it would be you.