
You see it begin to creep up after Christmas. The conversation hearts in the grocery aisle and Dora the Explorer valentines haunting your neighborhood CVS. It may only be January, but in the life of The Muse, Valentines Day couldn’t come soon enough.
The Holiday is usually preceded by obsessing and stressing over my annual homemade Valentine tradition but is always succeeded by the immense joy and satisfaction I receive in distributing these labors of love.
Valentines Day has long been my favorite holiday. My homemade Valentine tradition can be traced all the way back to my middle school days. Over the years they have grown more abundant and more beautiful (If I may be so bold), but the catalyst for their annual creation continues to remain the same.
Valentines Day is not about having a significant other, spending pointless money on pointless things, or filling your body with pounds of chocolate (although that is a perk).
Valentines Day is about love, all shapes and all kinds. One of the most genuine acts of love is when others can indulge us in our passions and, although not fully understand it, appreciate it all the same. My annual Valentines are my way of sharing a passion in my life with others, and in doing so, showing others my love for them.
Of course, there are always those turds who despise the Holiday and insist on being a Valentine Grinch wherever they go. I’m not asking everyone to be a fan of Valentines and love it as much as I do. I understand the natural aversion to the day.
I’m merely offering the idea that Valentines Day is whatever you want it to be.
2 comments:
I love this!! I totally look forward to Valentine's Day--for a different reason every year--and it's always what you make it. Being a grinch or a "turd" is no fun at all.
Yes, you may be so bold. and I LOVE your tradition!!!! :)
Post a Comment