Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmastime


Not sure what has "sparked" my current appreciation, but over the past couple weeks I've found myself (and those in the car with me) randomly turning onto various streets and neighborhoods to gaze and gawk at the beautiful Christmas lights that have set aglow the houses of Arlington.

I've always been a lover of the Holidays, but recently my love for the Christmas season of 2008 has been bubbling over. I've found much unexpected joy in the little things this season:

The Christmas drink selections from Starbucks

Christmas decorations that adorn every building I enter

Cold Nights, fun coats, warm gloves, and beautiful scarves

The Faith Hill Christmas station on Pandora

The excuse to make Christmas cookies whenever I want while still appearing a normal person

The unexpected, but greatly anticipated, random forecasts for snow

Christmas movies that can only be appropriately enjoyed 30 days of the year

It comes up quick, doesn't last for long, and can be pretty stressful, but I hope everyone is able to find their little joys in the beauty that is this season.

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

BP said...

Glad I was there to participate in a random Christmas lights viewing!

Hannah said...

w00t w00t pandora!

also, the espresso truffle @ starby's is SOOO GOOOOOOD (dark chocolate: the only acceptable chocolate).

I also love: 24 hour marathon of A CHRISTMAS STORY on Christmas Eve on TBS. and we really need to watch The Holiday btw.

WGlenn said...

Merry Christmas maggs