July 16th.
As I spend this Saturday morning catching up on my Google Reader (my "Items Unread: 1000+" status completely stresses me out), I decide to pay a visit to The Musings. Obviously something I haven't done for quite the while. I stare at the date of my last post and ponder why. Why it's been so long since a post. Why there are things I see and instantly think !MUSE IT! and why weeks go by without the thought ever crossing my mind. Answer still unknown.
Regardless, my summer post-July 16th can be summed up accordingly:
1. 4 weddings of 4 sweet friends 4 weeks in a row. Does it get any better? Every wedding brought together meaningful people in my life who I don't get to see often enough. It was a whirlwind but it was so awesome.
2. Um, I bought the Sims 3 computer game. I should probably be embarassed by this but unfortunately, I'm just not. It's consumed way more of my time than it should but there's been time to consume, so justified....right?
3. I went to the beach for a week with my known-since-the-fourth-grade friend Katie. I've decided that aside from my bed, my 2nd most favorite place in the world is sitting at the edge of the ocean with a chair and a good book, letting the waves ripple around your feet as you immerse yourself in a great story and forget the world exists. Having a great friend around doesn't hurt either.
(Read Girl with the Dragon Tatoo and highly reccomend it to all. I know the book cover is weird, but just give it a try.)
Fall is now here! Well, almost now here, and there's nothing like crisp mornings, trees aglow, and pumpkin lattes (really pumpkin anything), to bring the senses alive. With heartbeating senses comes inspiration; inspriation being the key ingredient in my effort of luring this blog back from the doldrums of July 16th.
Why I go through the ebs and flows with the blog I can't give a reason, but as I've sat at my computer typing this post, I've already thought of 4 things I want to share. So there.
stay tuned.
2 comments:
really? pumpkin anything? even whoopie pies?
1. you are the second person of high caliber to recommend 'the girl with the dragon tattoo' to me. i take this seriously. hm, i'm thinking maybe Christmas break.
2. PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES. HAD ONE LAST WEEK. SOOO GOOOOOODDDDDDDDD. sigh, i miss pumpkin muffins from panera. ALSO, I MADE A LAYERED PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE LAST WEEK, WITH A GINGERBREAD COOKIE CRUST! it was DELICIOUS.
Hannah
Post a Comment