It was how they entitled the Finale, and nothing more perfectly captures the significance.
With last Sunday night came "The End" of LOST, who's end also happened to bring "The End" of other things in my life: joyous Tuesday nights, distracted Wednesday mornings, entertaining metro rides filled with LOST blog reading, random and forever bonding conversations with complete-strangers-but-fellow-LOST-lovers-and-therefore-best-friends, and most devastatingly, my weekly dates with Matthew Fox.
The loss of LOST will most definitely be felt.
A few things I am certain of:
1. without the ability to instantly watch show after show, season after season, LOST would have lost me.
2. without the analysis available on blogs and websites, to process and actually comprehend what I watched, LOST would have lost me.
3. without my fellow LOST obsessives, Katie and Andie, who patiently listened to all my stupid questions and ah-hah! moments, LOST would have lost me.
A few things I am uncertain of:
1. My survival.
kidding.
kinda.
A few have asked for my thoughts, some of whom don't even watch the show! These are the kind of wonderful people that fill my life. So here are my thoughts:
Sunday, May 23rd @ 11:31 pm: I turn away from the television feeling upset, baffled, annoyed. With confusion comes disappointment.
Monday, May 24th @ 1:32 am: I lay wide awake in bed reading "instant reactions" from various bloggers and begin to comprehend what I actually watched. With knowledge comes understanding.
Monday, May 24th @ any moment I can: I talk, I read, I listen, I think, I realize. With understanding comes absolute love, complete admiration, undying appreciation and immediate desire to watch it all again!
Oh, you want to know my most favorite LOST moment of all time? Really? Most favorite? Oh alright, if you insist.
I LOVE these videos and feel they perfectly capture my exact sentiments. They are from an ABC Promo contest held a few months ago. They were created and submitted by fellow LOST viewers, who also happen to be hilarious geniuses.
so what are you waiting for?

No comments:
Post a Comment