It being The Oscars and all, my hate and despise can only be so strong (re: post directly below). I freakin love this show and although this year's was...tame, I refuse to let it be a total failure. So hear me out.
1. I love everything Sandra Bullock. And her dress was great. It didn't have a whole lot of competition, but was definitely my favorite.
(What did Jesse whisper to her? I want to know!)
2. Ben Stiller be Avatar. Genius. and Hilarious. How did they get his eyes like that?
3. This Oscar speech interruption. It was awkward and so awesome. Suffer through the tiny commercial and watch the video. And watch it again. He tries to start talking 3 different times.
Classic. Reminds me of a famous R&B artist whose name rhymes with Manye...
4. It fascinates me, and is actually beginning to freak me out a bit, that Demi Moore posses the ability to completely reverse aging. She seems to get younger and more beautiful every time a camera snaps.
Just spent too much time looking for then/now pictures to prove it, but to no avail. I think we all know the point I'm trying to make, non?
5. And lastly, I do love some Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin. They did a great job and their little bit with Clooney was funny.
But it must be said: They are no Hugh Jackman.
I'm having quite the time finding a great video of Hugh's Oscar 2009 hosting to end this blog post with a BANG! But you all remember how spectacular he was. Just channel those thoughts.
2 comments:
Mags, did you cringe at all when they were making fun of the actors as they were walking to the stage? (example: "Sarah Jessica Parker, who weighs one pound!"); i felt like it was such an interesting combination of style and elegance (walking with poise, in a beautiful outfit) and shame!!!
Also, i also realized something else yesterday: just cause they can act, doesn't mean they can talk well or present themselves well on the fly, the first time (case in point: girl from twilight, who coughed and ah-hemmed awkwardly and brushed her hair from her face. like, doesn't she know we're all watching???? for real, i could have done better)
twilight girl is a fidget. that's fo sho. how is she so awesome and so fidgety at the same time???
Post a Comment