Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I know it's there somewhere


I love my magazines. I really really do. Those glossy pretty scented things add so much joy and delight to my daily piles of crap mail. Ensure me a yearly subscription that's under $20 and I'm such a sucker.

Which is exactly what happened with Vogue the other day. A yearly subscription for $15! Aside from the fact that it's a magazine (delight), I'm convinced that reading it will automatically make me a more fashionably classy lady?

So it came in the mail yesterday and I, no lie, had to search through 43 pages of weird funky adds with ugly outfits from overated designers just to get to the table of contents. Have Mercy. It was so annoying. Guess that explains why the issue was 2'' thick.

Although Mad Men has greatly increased my appreciation for great advertising, enough is enough. But I guess $15 is $15, so I can't complain for too long.

And speaking of magazines, I'm intrigued by this concept: http://www.lonnymag.com/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

imagine how much it would cost without the 43 pages of ads before the ToC