I'm sure it's no mystery to most that the magazine industry is not experiencing its most flourishing decade. Every couple of months I hear about another 'zine that just couldn't keep up. Regardless of the reason- advertising revenue, declining subscription numbers, high printing costs- the loss of magazines in the life of The Muse is no small thing. Last year her Cottage Living subscription got replaced with Glamour...so NOT an adequate replacement.
My reasons for magazine love are great and many, none of which you probably care about, so I'll get to my point: Online Magazines are the new craze and I love it. They are free, interactive, and very well done. Lonny Magazine launched last fall and continues to amaze. And thanks to my most favorite blogger from Raleigh: I Suwannee, I came across Southern Flourish recently.
This falls in the same realm as Muse kindle hatred: paper CAN NEVER be replaced! So I do hope the classics stick around. But the online creations=a most perfect supplement.


No comments:
Post a Comment