The Oscars.
It is why I watch and it is why I love. I've been a fan of the Oscars since the younger years, when Dad poured me the bubbly white grapefruit juice and I put on my best find from the chest of dress up clothes; eyes glued to the television from the moment the first eager star arrives (this year it was Miley Cyrus, go figure) to the late night announcement for Best Picture. The Oscars has long been a magical affair.
It is the biggest and the best. Watching these people experience the highest moments of their career is no small thing. I know I sound a bit crazy. I realize I don't actually know any of them. But that's just it.
When we see the movies these stars are in, when we connect with the characters and stories they create, we do feel like we know them. And when they are recognized for something they've created and something we've been affected by, we somehow feel a part of it all.
It's Hollywood, and I realize it is populated with selfish, spoiled, overpaid movie stars. But The Oscars is the night that brings them all together, back to the heart of why they do what they do.
It's more than an awards show or celebrity celebration, it is the culmination of the magic that is the movies that is the inspiration.
And isn't that why we watch in the first place?
1 comment:
AMEN, MAGS!!!!!!!!!!
;)
well put. especially the part about how we feel like we know these people and the characters they portray.
i def think amy adams should have won for best supporting actress, though. ;( kate winslet--sketchy The Reader?? eww
off to john stott land...
Post a Comment